Barcelona president Joan Laporta made clear said on Saturday that he has not been in talks with Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland.
The 21-year-old is reportedly Barcelona’s primary target for the summer transfer window, and there were rumours that emerged earlier in the week stating that there had been a meeting between Xavi Hernandez, the club’s coach, and Haaland.
“At Barcelona we haven’t been negotiating with the player. When we have to negotiate, we will do so with Borussia Dortmund, if the circumstance arises,” Laporta said in statements to several media outlets, which were made public by COPE.
Laporta first denied the meeting between Xavi and Haaland, but when asked again about it, he distanced himself from it.
“It’s none of my business. I’m talking about the negotiations. There have been no negotiations with Haaland,” he commented.
“If we negotiate, we would negotiate with Borussia Dortmund. We are working on many players who can improve the squad next season according to what the coach, the coaching staff and the director of football say, but we don’t negotiate with players.
“There has not been any kind of negotiation with Haaland.”